Shall we archive this package?
It's a good opportunity to think which packages worth to keep and which not; think about our short time for the maintenance of those packages and in the amount of people interested in doing so
I would like to open the discussion if we should keep this package alive.
In short, this package has the following Linear Trainers:
- bob.learn.linear.PCATrainer: Stable implementation in https://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/generated/sklearn.decomposition.PCA.html
- bob.learn.linear.FisherLDATrainer: Stable implementation in https://scikit-learn.org/0.16/modules/generated/sklearn.lda.LDA.html
- bob.learn.linear.WCCNTrainer: With a quick search, didn't find a stable implementation of it
- bob.learn.linear.WhiteningTrainer: With a quick search, didn't find a stable implementation of it, BUT it's really simple to have a python implementation of it if necessary
- bob.learn.linear.CGLogRegTrainer: Stable implementation in https://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/generated/sklearn.linear_model.LogisticRegression.html WARNING The regularization implemented in scikit-learn is different from ours, but I think it's ok.
- bob.learn.linear.BICTrainer: With a quick search, didn't find a stable implementation of it (does anyone use this one?)
- bob.learn.linear.GFKTrainer: There's no stable implementation of this one, BUT we can archive it, no problem.
Thanks for any feedback