A script to deploy staging conda packages to our root channel
All conda packages are released into https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda/label/staging/ and they are working.
There is also a conda meta package there called
bob which has pinned all packages to the exact versions.
Now, we need a script that extracts the list of packages from this
bob conda package and copies exactly those
packages (only the packages that are inside our staging channel) into our root channel.
While copying, the following cares must be taken:
- The copy process should not overwrite anything under any circumstances.
- If the destination files already exist, this means that the release somehow is broken. So it's better to check if all files don't exist before copying over.
- If something goes wrong, probably bob needs to tagged again. So, do not recover from errors in the script.
- It's a good idea (probably have to since channel priorities could have prevented some issues to surface) to install all bob packages from the root channel after they are copied over and run the nosetests to make sure everything is working.
- a python-based script is preferred over bash.